Here is my top,
Here is my drawing from which I drafted the pattern (based on Vogue 8792)
I decided that I would add 1/2" seam allowances and drew these directly onto the fabric before cutting each piece out.
I sewed the five right side pieces together, then the three on the left. I then added the long perpendicular black piece. It was as simple as that.
I decided to make the back side all in yellow rather than follow my original drawing, Simplicity is usually best after all.
I had planned to add black neck and armhole bands but I changed my mind and used facings instead. I wanted these facings to stay put so I hand stitched them very carefully to the inside so that the stitching is virtually invisible on the outside of the garment. This was made possible by my fabric, which is a stable and fairly weighty cotton knit.
To hold the back neck facing, I added a checkered patch incorporating the four colours of my top for a nice little touch,
I used a double needle for the tunic length top and I was finished. This went together very quickly and easily.You can see a few more pics here.
I can't wait to try colour blocking on another garment This was fun!
I'll show you how I made the palazzo pants I mentioned in my last post in a couple of days.