Wednesday, January 27, 2010

#4. What Size Needle Did I Put In There?

As I was sewing this morning, I had to change my sewing machine needle. If you're anything like me, you probably don't always remember what size or kind of needle you last put in your machine.

I learned this tip by watching Sandra Betzina on her TV program "Sew Perfect". Each time I change my needle, I write the size and the type of needle I am changing to on one of those coloured sticky dots you can buy at office supplies stores.I stick it to the front of my machine.



I do the same thing for my serger.



It's a very simple yet effective way to always know what size needle is in there.

Hope this helps somebody! Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Oops, I should have read on and I would have seen this! Thank you!!!!
    Don't you just love Sandra?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such a marvellously simple idea!

    Have only just found your blog; as a new sewer I was trying to find out information about needles to use for denim and found you :)

    ReplyDelete